* Light symbolizes Enlightenment, the Light that dispels the darkness of ignorance, fear and suffering.
* In the candle light too, we may reflect on Anicca ( Impermanence), Dukkha ( Unsatisfactoriness ) and Anatta ( Non-self ).
* Just like the candle light, our existence also depends upon certain conditions; deprived of any, we will die.
* Reflecting on the uncertainty of life and the certainty of death, we need to live the life that we have meaningfully - to walk The Path to Enlightenment.
* As we offer lights to the Buddha in a Puja, let us make the aspiration to strive to develop our mind through the practice of Dhamma ... then our mind will pierce through the darkness of ignorance with Dhamma Light ...in serenity, peace, joy and freedom the mind will dwell.
Bro. Oh Teik Bin