Monday, December 25, 2006

Wisdom From a Laugh 33


The College Graduate
A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work.
The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, "Your first job will be to sweep out the store."
“But I’m a college graduate,” the young man replied indignantly.
“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t realize that," the manager said.
“Here, give me the broom - I'll show you how."
Reflections
The ego of many an 'intellectual' or 'educated person' is very great ... such a person should realize that humility is a virtue of utmost importance. A person who is truly great, respected and well-liked bears these qualities - humility, helpfulness, compassion, patience, understanding, kindness, willingness to work honestly and dedication.
One should never regard certain menial tasks as ‘lowly’ even if one has high academic qualifications.
With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin

No comments: