* Don't spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not to have all I ask for. I'm only testing you.
* Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it. It lets me know where I stand.
* Don't use force with me. It teaches me that power is all that counts. I will respond more readily to being led.
* Don't be inconsistent. That confuses me and makes me try harder to getaway with everything I can.
* Don't make promises; you may not be able to keep them. That will discourage my trust in you.
* Don't be too upset when I say "I hate you". I don't mean it, but I want you to feel sorry for what you have done to me.
* Don't make me feel smaller than I am. I will make up for it by behaving like a "big shot".
*Don't do things for me that I can do for myself. It makes me feel like a baby, and I may continue to put you in my service.
* Don't let my "bad habits" get me a lot of your attention. It only encourages me to continue them.
* Don't correct me in front of people. I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.
* Don't try to discuss my behavior in the heat of a conflict. For some reason my hearing is not very good at this time and my cooperation is even worse. It is all right to take the action required, but let's not talk about it until later.
*Don't try to preach to me. You'd be surprised how well I know that's right and wrong.
* Don't make me feel that my mistakes are sins. I have to learn to make mistakes without feeling that I am no good.
* Don't nag. If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.
* Don't demand explanations for my wrong behavior. I really don't know why I did it.
* Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.
* Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn from experience.
* Don't take too much notice of my small ailments. I may learn to enjoy poor health if it get me much attention.
* Don't answer "SILLY" or meaningless questions. I just want you to keep busy with me.
*Don't ever suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me too much to live up to.
*Don't worry about the little amount of time we spend together. It is HOW we spend it that counts.
*Don't let my fears arouse your anxiety. Then I will become more afraid. Show me courage.
*Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding and encouragement, but I don't need to tell you that, do I?
REMEMBER THAT I LEARN MORE FROM A MODEL THAN A CRITIC!!!