* Birth, ageing, sickness and death are inevitable ... they are facts of life in Samsara, conditioned existence. However, many do not come to terms with this ... they cannot accept the Dukkha that is inherent with it. Consequently suffering is all the more greater.
* Many cannot accept the natural process of ageing ... some lie about their ages; some dye their greying hair; some go for face lifts and other cosmetic surgeries.
* How many can grow old gracefully with a mind of peace and acceptance. Only Dhamma practice and realization can ensure this.
* Until and unless there is Dhamma realization, growing old can bring with it frustration, anxiety, worry, fear and other negative states of the mind.
* May we strive diligently in the Dhamma in this life and all future lives until our minds are enlightened!
Bro. Oh Teik Bin