"Which way is success?"
The robed, bearded sage spoke not but pointed to a place far off
in the distance.
The man, thrilled by the prospect of quick and easy success,
rushed off in the appropriate direction.
Suddenly, there came a loud "SPLAT".
Eventually, the man limped back, tattered and stunned,
assuming he must have misinterpreted the message.
He repeated his question to the guru, who again pointed
silently in the same direction.
The man obediently walked off once more. This time the splat
was deafening, and when the man crawled back, he was bloody, broken, tattered and irate.
"I asked you which way is success," he screamed at the guru.
"I followed the direction you indicated. And all I got was a terrible fall.
No more of this pointing. Talk!"
Only then did the guru speak, and what he said was this:
"Success IS that way. Just a little PAST 'SPLAT'.
~ Author Unknown
* There will be obstacles, difficulties and pain when one walks the path to a meaningful destination. Be prepared and courageous to face them.
* 'He that wishes to get the fruit must climb the tree ... if there is a slip, try again.'
* Too often, we give up on our quest to attain a goal. Patience, determination and persistence are essential for success.
* 'A quitter never wins; a winner never quits.'
* 'Failure' is not Failure; Failure is failure to get up after a fall.'
Bro. Oh Teik Bin