Friday, June 29, 2007

Buddha My Guide, Dhamma My Light

The Theme of the 7th Dhamma Youth Camp 1999 - Reflections
Buddha My Guide
* I accept the Buddha as the highest ideal in life.
* I honour and pay homage to the Buddha, The Blessed One, The Worthy One, The Fully Enlightened One.
* The Buddha is the Perfect Guide, the Perfect Teacher of gods and men.
* The Buddha shows us the way to Perfect Happiness, Peace, Bliss and Freedom.
* The Buddha has realized the Ultimate Truth - The Truth that ends all suffering.
* We too can become Buddhas through practicing and realizing the Dhamma - The Teachings of The Buddha.
* Let us cultivate the 10 Perfections of the Fully Enlightened Buddha : Dana ( Generosity ), Sila (Morality), Nekkhamma (Renunciation), Panna (Wisdom), Viriya (Energy), Khanti (Patience), Sacca (Truthfulness), Adhitthana (Determination), Metta ( Loving-Kindness) and Upekkha ( Equanimity ).

Dhamma My Light
* The Dhamma, The Teachings of the Buddha, is the Light that dispels the darkness of Ignorance or Delusion.
* I follow the Dhamma in my life. The Dhamma will lead me to overcome all problems, conflicts and suffering.
* Through my learning, understanding, practicing and realizing The 4 Noble Truths, I will attain Perfect Happiness and Bliss - NIBBANA.
* The Four Noble Truths are:
1. The First Noble Truth of Suffering
2. The Second Noble Truth of the Cause of Suffering
3. The Third Noble Truth of the Cessation of Suffering
4. The Fourth Noble Truth of the Way leading to the Cessation of Suffering .

The Noble Eightfold consists of Right Understanding, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration.
***I practice the Dhamma with dedication, diligence and determination.
With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin

No comments: