* The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
* It takes a strong person to say sorry, and an ever stronger person to forgive.
* When you forgive, you in no way change the past - but you sure do change the future.
* Forgive people because life is short, and you never know when it can end...and nobody deserves to pay for their mistakes for the rest of their life...
* In the long run, it's not a question of whether they deserve to be forgiven. You're not forgiving them for their sake. You're doing it for yourself. For your own health and well being, forgiveness is simply the most energy-efficient option. It frees you from the incredibly toxic, debilitating drain of holding a grudge. Don't let these people live rent free in your head. If they hurt you before, why let them keep doing it year after year in your mind? It's not worth it but it takes heart effort to stop it. You can muster that heart power to forgive them as a way of looking out for yourself. It's one thing you can be totally selfish about.