Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Wisdom From A Laugh 59

A Final Moment Of Truth
A man was lying on his deathbed, surrounded by his family:
his wife and four children.
Three of the children were tall, good looking and athletic,
but the fourth and youngest was short and ugly.
was short and ugly.
“Darling wife,” the husband whispered, "assure me that the
youngest child is really mine. I want to know the truth before I die. I will forgive you if …”
The wife gently interrupted him, “Yes, my dearest, absolutely, no question. I swear on my mother’s grave that you are his father.”
The man gave a sigh and then died, happy. The wife muttered under her breath, “Thank God he didn’t ask about the other three.”
Reflection
* How many infidelity cases remain a secret or hidden? There will be a price to pay.
* Adultery is a breach of the Third Precept ... it leads to disharmony, conflict and break-up of a family. There will be much suffering among many in the family on account of this.
* In the practice of Dhamma, one needs to train or purify the mind to attain a state of contentment. One needs to reflect on the consequences of one's actions .... will they bring suffering to other people?

With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin

No comments: