Monday, June 02, 2008

Wisdom From A Laugh 69

Last Will
A lawyer was reading the will of a rich man to the people mentioned in the will.
“To my loving wife Sarah, who stood by me in the rough times as well as the smooth, I will my mansion and $3 million.”
“To my daughter Rebecca, who looked after me in illness and kept the business going, I give the business, my yacht and all my jewellery.”
“And to my cousin Arthur, who hated me, argued with me and went round telling people I would not remember him in my will, I have this to say :
You were wrong : Hello, Arthur! ”
Reflection
Some people with some bitterness in their hearts would try to give their enemies a piece of their mind …even at their deathbeds . Such people will not have peace of mind. We need to learn to forgive and let go of all anger, resentment, ill-will, revenge and hatred. Such mental states will bring much suffering to oneself.
With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin

No comments: