Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Wise Quotes From Milarepa
* My religion is to live and die without regret.
* Know emptiness, Be compassionate.
* Strong and healthy, who thinks of sickness until it strikes like lightning? Preoccupied with the world, who thinks of death, until it arrives like thunder?
* All meditation must begin with arousing deep compassion. Whatever one does must emerge from an attitude of love and benefitting others.
* All worldly pursuits have but one unavoidable and inevitable end, which is sorrow; acquisitions end in dispersion; buildings in destruction; meetings in separation; births in death. Knowing this, one should, from the very first, renounce acquisitions and storing-up, and building, and meeting; and, faithful to the commands of an eminent Guru, set about realizing the Truth. That alone is the best of religious observances.