Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Wisdom Lesson from a Laugh 6

Revenge From A Kiss
A married couple met with a terrible accident and the wife’s face was severely burnt. As the wife was too skinny the plastic surgeon told the husband that the skin graft had to come from the buttocks of the husband.
Both the husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one where the skin came from and requested the plastic surgeon to keep the secret too.
The surgery was a great success and everyone was astounded at the woman’s new beauty and many people commented on her lovely cheeks.
One day when the wife was alone with her husband, she said, “Darling, I just don’t know how to thank you for the sacrifice you made to give me a new fresh face. There is no way I could ever repay you.”
“My dear,” the husband replied, “I get all the thanks I need every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheeks.”

Reflection A revengeful person can get a strange sense of satisfaction thinking he has got even with a person he hates or dislikes. Learn to forget and forgive - only then will a person be able to attain true mental peace and happiness.

No comments: