Monday, August 21, 2006

Count Your Blessings 4

Today I stand at my window and curse the pouring rain.
Today a desperate farmer prays for his fields of rain.
My weekend plans are ruined, it almost makes me cry
While the farmer lifts his arms and blesses the clouded sky.
The alarm goes off on Monday and I curse my work routines.
Next door a laid off mechanic feels the empty pockets of his jeans.
I can't wait for my vacation, a 'free and easy'.
He doesn't know tonight how he'll feed his family.
I curse my leaky roof and the grass I need to mow.
A homeless man downtown doesn't know where to go.
I need a new car, mine is getting really old.
He huddles in a doorway, seeking shelter from the cold.
With Blessings I'm surrounded - the rain, money, a job, a home,
But my eyes are so blinded - I'm not grateful for what I own.
With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin

No comments: