- Dwell on my troubles and aches and pains.
- Think I'm always right and win people's approval for everything I do.
- Think that I always know what is best for people.
- Think that because people disagree, they are unreasonable.
- Think that all the unpleasant things happen to me.
- Think that ambition and what I want are all-important.
- Expect people's temperament, character and behaviour to be what I like.
I SHOULD ...
- Recognize that the more I dwell on my troubles and pains, the worse they seem.
- Recognize how impossible it is to please all the people all the time.
- Recognize that I cannot always get people to do what I want as a matter of course.
- Recognize that people are entitled to their opinions.
- Recognize that everybody has off-days.
- Recognize the danger of expecting too much from life, myself and other people.
- Practice mindfulness of my mental states and outside phenomena.
Bro. Oh Teik Bin