Ven. Dr K Sri Dhammananda lived a most inspiring, praisworthy and spiritual life dedicated for the peace and happiness of mankind. His was an exemplary life - more than 50 years of great Dhammaduta work - teaching Dhamma to others that they may find meaning, peace, happiness and freedom in their hearts and mind.
Reflections * Let us show our respect and gratitude to Chief Reverend by striving earnestly to learn, understand , practice and realize the Dhamma. Let us strive with diligence to share the Dhamma for the peace and happiness of others. Let us reach out with compassion and cultivate our mind for wisdom.
* Let us live by these: "Know Dhamma, Make Dhamma known."
"Serve to be perfect. Be perfect to serve."
* How have we lived our lives? Are we just existing, living a mundane life - wasting our bodies and minds away in pursuits and actions rooted in loba, dosa and moha ( greed, hatred and delusion ) ?
* Are our lives centred on 'materialistic gains and achievements', 'titillating the senses' and 'feeding the ego'?
* When will we realize that a 'life lived well' is a spiritual life dedicated to realizing one's Buddha Nature through service to others and purifying the heart and mind?
* Life is uncertain and Death is certain. The 'How' and 'When' of Death is uncertain. Realizing this, let us walk the Dhamma Way NOW. "DO GOOD. AVOID EVIL. PURIFY THE MIND." This is The Teaching of the Buddha.
Bro. Oh Teik Bin