Monday, February 05, 2007

Quotes to Ponder Upon

* I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something I can do.
Edward Everett Hale
American Author, Clergyman

* “By the accident of fortune
a man may rule the world for a time,
but by virtue of love and kindness
he may rule the world forever.”
Lao-Tse
Chinese Philosopher

* How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
George Washington Carver
American Educator, Scientist

* Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Leo Buscaglia
Author of Living, Loving and Learning


No comments: