The righteous man is happy both in this world and the next.
Dhammapada Ch 13 Verse 168
Reflection * A path of righteousness is based on love, kindness, compassion, understanding and wisdom.
* A righteous man does not kill, steal, commit sexual misconduct or get intoxicated. Such actions can cause harm, pain and suffering to others.
* A righteous man lives a life of 'non-harm' to others ... he is generous, caring and renders services to those in need.
* The path of righteousness is based on a good moral code, generosity or charity and a mental development to gain wisdom.
* The path of evil has its roots in greed, covetousness, anger, illwill, hatred and egoism and delusion.
* Evil actions include killing, stealing, sexual misconduct, wrong speech ( for example, lying, harsh speech and slander ) and intoxication.
* Righteous actions beget good and evil actions bring about suffering to the evil doer.
Bro. Oh Teik Bin