Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wisdom From A Laugh 44

Neighbours
Joe
: I heard that you and your neighbour are not on speaking terms. What happened?
Sam : He was too much. One day, when I started to cut grass with my lawn mower at six in the morning, my neighbour sent me a bottle of lubricating oil.
Joe : And what did you do?
Sam : I sent it back to him and told him to use it on his wife every time she started singing at midnight. And you know what …two days later, when he heard my wife coughing badly, he brought the bottle back with a note saying , ‘Good medicine for your wife’s horrible cough.’
Reflection
Neighbours need to learn to live in harmony with one another, otherwise life can be miserable.
Words or actions that insult, ridicule or put down another person should not be used. They will result in the wrong doer getting unpleasant consequences. We need to practise tolerance, patience and understanding. These are high virtues.
With Metta,
Bro. Oh Teik Bin



1 comment:

Sophia said...

A very worthwhile lesson!

Neighbors these days are different than the old days. (The old days for me are the 1980s.) Back in the 80s I remember spending a lot of time with my neighbors. These days, neighbors are more usually just acquaintances.