Theme of the 5th Dhamma Youth Camp 1997 - Reflections
The Buddha Says ...
* Here in the world one should train carefully to purify virtue; for virtue, when well cultivated brings all success to hand.
* Virtue is the foundation, the forerunner and origin of all that is good and beautiful; therefore one should purify virtue.
* Virtue is a mighty power; virtue is a mighty weapon; virtue is the supreme adornment; virtue is a wonderful armour.
* One is not low because of birth nor does birth make one holy. Deeds alone make one low, deeds alone make one holy.
* Train yourself in doing good that lasts and brings happiness. Cultivate generosity, the life of peace, and a mind of boundless love.
* Even when the obstacles crowd in, the Path to Nibbana can be won by those who establish mindfulness and bring to perfection equipoise.
* Knowing that the other person is angry, one who remains mindful and calm acts for his own best interest too.
* If your mind runs wild among sensual pleasures and things that arise, quickly restrain it with mindfulness as one pulls the cow from the corn.
Bro. Oh Teik Bin