The Theme of The 2nd Dhamma Youth Camp 1994 - Reflections
THE BUDDHA SAYS...
* Generosity, kind words, doing a good turn for others, and treating all people alike; these bonds of sympathy are to the world what the linchpin is to the chariot wheel.
* Compassion is that which makes the heart of the good move at the pain of others. It crushes and destroys the pain of others; thus. it is called compassion. It is called compassion because it shelters and embraces the distressed.
* May all creatures, all living things, all beings one and all, experience good fortune only. May they not fall into harm.
* Though he may conquer a thousand times, a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who would conquer himself.
* Difficult to detect and very subtle, the mind seizes whatever it wants; so let a wise man guard his mind, for a guarded mind brings happiness.
* Not excited by mental phenomena, one knows them through mindfulness; thus with a mind well detached, one understands and does not cling.
* Possessed of persevering energy, practising the Foundations of Mindfulness, bedecked with the blossoms of freedom, you will be cooled and undefiled.