Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WORDS OF WISDOM
* Kindle the Flame
"If the room of your life is filled with the darkness of despair, it need not remain so. You have the power to kindle the flame of faith, to light a candle of hope, to turn on the lamp of love, to pull back the curtains of fear, to raise the windows of doubt, to unlock the doors of defeat, and to step out into the street of service."
William Arthur Ward

* An Educated Person
"The only one who is educated is the person who has learned how to learn; the one who has learned how to adapt and change; the one who has realized that no knowledge is secure, that only the process of seeking knowledge gives a basis for security."
Carl Rogers

* Pursuit of Happiness
"Henceforth, my pursuit of happiness has ended. How blind I have been! Now I know that happiness hides not in that new house, that new career, that new friend. And it is never for sale. When I cannot find contentment in myself, it is useless to seek it elsewhere. Whenever I depend on things outside myself to supply me with joy I am doomed to disappointment. Happiness, I see now, has nothing to do with getting. It consists of being satisfied with what I’ve got and what I haven’t got.…So long as I have something to do, something to hope for, I shall be happy. Now I know that the only source of happiness is within me, and I will begin to share it.…
I choose a better way to live!"
Og Mandino, The Choice

* Good Manners
"Today, we too rarely practice good manners…When we neglect to require our children to say thank you when someone gives them a gift or does something for them, we are raising ungrateful children who are highly unlikely to be happy. Without gratitude, happiness is a rare thing. With gratitude, the odds go up dramatically that happiness will be the result."
Zig Ziglar


* Enrich Your Life
"Enrich your life by becoming a better person, a better student and an individual worthy of trust and faithful in your commitments. Aspire to help and not hinder in all your good and worthy undertakings. Use these words often: ‘thank you,’ ‘please,’ ‘I’m sorry.’ After living 100 years, I admonish you to think deeply, speak gently, work hard, give freely, pay promptly, pray earnestly and be kind."
Aunt Pearl, (103 years young)

No comments: