Sunday, August 12, 2007
The Ten Commandments Of Mindfulness
1.Yearn not for a body free of disease and suffering, because without
going through pain and illness, sundry desires are easily awakened.
2. Wish not for a life free of mishaps and obstacles, because without
them one tends to become arrogant and egotistic.
3. Pray not for a quick shortcut regarding spiritual introspect,
because without excruciating effort, one becomes short-learning.
4. Fear not the haunting disturbance of evil while accumulating spiritual strength,
because without them one’s determination does not grow solid strong.
5. Hope not for easy success in one’s work, because without difficulties
and failures, one tends to undervalue others and become overly proud.
6.Build not relationships on selfish gain, because a relationship based
on profit has lost its genuine meaning.
7. Look not for a universal consensus regarding one’s personal opinion,
because complete adoption to a single opinion will render narrow mindedness.
8. Expect not repayment or reward from others for one’s services,
because calculation and expectation contradicts true service.
9. Engage not irrationally into profitable attractions, because jumping too
quickly into temptation may well blind wisdom.
10. Stir not at being victim of injustice, because eagerness to clarify reputation
belongs to an ego too attached to loose.