Portrait Of A Friend
* I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts,
or fears. But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.
* I can't change your past with all its heartache and pain, nor the future with its untold stories.
But I can be there now when you need me to care.
* I can't keep your feet from stumbling.
I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
* Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine; Yet I can share in your laughter.
* Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge; I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.
* I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship, from your values, from me. I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.
* I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,
But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place.
From A Forwarded Email